Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:02 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Online Brokers » OptionHouse is so bad!!! I am so angry!!

Old 10-27-2011, 06:13 PM   Nav to Top  #1
Kevin2011
Junior Trader

Favorites: no
Kevin2011 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy OptionHouse is so bad!!! I am so angry!!

OptionHouse is so bad!!! I am so angry!!!

I have an account in OptionsHouse, but from 10/25/2011 till now (10/27/2011), the data of The Daily P/L, Month To Date, and Year To Date are always WRONG! I contact them for more than 5 times, but the severe problem is still not fixed till now. Moreover, the attitude of the representatives of OptionsHouse are not good. They seem to think I should accept such WRONG numbers. Their manager whose name is Paul even said to me in the phone that If I want, I can tell him any numbers, and then they can just use these numbers to update the data in my OptionsHouse account. I contacted them so much times. But they think it is normal that their system has problems/bugs, the manager Paul even said that he cannot guarantee to provide me correct data in my account. Also, they never apologize to me about their system problem so far. I am so angry and still waiting for the results. This severely disturbed my operation in the OptionsHouse platform and lead to big loss of mine.
Kevin2011 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:28 PM   Nav to Top  #2
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Favorites: LVS, FAS/FAZ, POT
Miles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via AIM to Miles Send a message via Skype™ to Miles

Thanks for your report Kevin. Correct data is really important! I cannot comment as I have not used that broker but you might want to exercise your right to choose a new one.

Did you see our recent list of only the best online brokers? This was recently updated.
Please note that all information on securities I provide is merely my own opinion and any advice given is purely speculative and should not under any circumstances be considered investment advice. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, security or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal and financial situation.
Miles is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:34 AM   Nav to Top  #3
twinders
Junior Trader

Favorites: XYZ, XYZ, XYZ
twinders is on a distinguished road
Default From OptionsHouse

I believe our correspondence may have crossed in cyberspace, as I sent the following email to you yesterday afternoon (excerpted below):

“Thanks for contacting us. First off, I want to express my apologies for the confusion and frustration you must be experiencing. I understand that you spoke to Paul, our trade desk manager today. Per a conversation with him and your email, I am examining this issue very closely. Once I have concluded my investigation, I will provide you with the resulting changes and guide you with the logic of what to expect next. In addition to that, I will also attempt to narrow down the original cause of this problem.

Again, I want to apologize for the confusion, and if you have any questions regarding this issue you may contact me [using the direct information I provided in said email].”

Regards,
Ted Winders
Associate Product Manager
OptionsHouse
twinders is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:33 PM   Nav to Top  #4
Options Trading IQ
Junior Trader

Favorites: SPY, RUT, GOOG
Options Trading IQ is on a distinguished road

Wow, that is interesting. I had general only heard good things about Optionshouse, so this is a bit concerning.
Options Trading IQ is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:01 PM   Nav to Top  #5
Laura Isom
Junior Trader

Favorites: MMM, TGT, KO
Laura Isom is on a distinguished road
Question

Wow! Do all stock exchanges monitor the board like OpenHouse?

The fact that Twinders (Ted Winders) responded here seems a bit odd. Since it was his first post, is it legit?
Laura Isom is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:45 PM   Nav to Top  #6
msfan
Junior Trader

Favorites: cop mcd ko
msfan is on a distinguished road
Default Optionshouse Login Problems

Is anyone out there having problems loging in to Optionshouse? I can get to any site on the internet, except for Optionshouse. I've been having problems since Friday. I emailed Optionshouse and received an automated message that I should call in to make trades if I am having problems loging in. I've emailed them again to ask if they are having any technical problems. I've tried on all three of my home computers and none can access Optionshouse.com. I'm wondering if anyone else is having any problems or could recommend a fix. I'm on Comcast using internet explorer. Again, I think it's strange that I can connect to any other site on the web, just not Optionshouse.

I just ran all of the diagnostics on my computer and the test of my internet connection returned the following message:
"Problems Found: Your computer apprears to be configured correctly, but the resource (www.optionshouse.com) is not responding"

Thanks.

Last edited by msfan; 02-26-2012 at 07:05 PM.. Reason: Additional Info
msfan is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:53 AM   Nav to Top  #7
rsx1212
Junior Trader

Favorites: AMZN BIDU AAPL
rsx1212 is on a distinguished road

Optionshouse is terrible. There is always leakage in trades. I've lost numerous trades due to leakage and failed executions. Their interface is a pain. It constantly lags and requires a few clicks to process transactions. Which is horrible for day trading and market orders. You're also unable to type in a symbol and press enter in the orders section (very sad). They also do not have short sell access to all stocks. A lot of stocks are restricted from short selling. You'll have to call them if you want to short sell and they have a high interest rate commission on these stocks. I won't be using them anymore. I rather pay $7 at Scottrade for a smoother interface, less leakage and wider variety of stocks. This is the worst experience I've ever had. The $4 commission is not worth it for frequent traders.

I'm so angry with them. I recommend people to stay away.
rsx1212 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:09 AM   Nav to Top  #8
comparebroker
Junior Trader

Favorites: APPL, GOOG, AMAZN
comparebroker is on a distinguished road

Is this true? Or am I dreaming. A rep from Optionshouse replying the an email. Awesome.
Actually, I like to call this as "Before-After" experience. Reps usually change. Initially, you are handled as a potential client and when you convert, you lose focus.

Coming back to topic. I have been using optionshouse for trading options. Been just five months. So far good. And I hope I get the same customer support.
comparebroker is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote