Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:27 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Online Brokers » Etrade Fee's Detail (Etraders Please Rate This Broker!)

View Poll Results: Please Rate Your Overall Experience With This Broker?
100% Positive I Love This Broker 4 30.77%
100% Negative I Hate This Broker 0 0%
I Have Had Problems, But Like The Company 5 38.46%
I Am Less Than Satisfied With This Companies Systems 0 0%
I Get Nickle And Dime'd To Much 4 30.77%
I Dislike Them For Reasons Not Listed Here 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2009, 01:37 PM   Nav to Top  #1
trants
Rants

Favorites: MOT WDC ENG
trants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond reputetrants has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Etrade Fee's Detail (Etraders Please Rate This Broker!)

Transaction Pricing | Margin Rates | Account Activity Fees | Special Request Fees

An E*TRADE Securities brokerage account offers outstanding value. In addition to low commissions, you get valuable free features like unbiased research, real-time quotes, personal service seven days a week, and more.

Transaction Pricing

Stock and Options

Qualifications 1500+
trades/quarter 150-1499
trades/quarter $50,000+
in assets or 30-149
trades/quarter Less than $50,000
in assets and 0-29
trades/quarter
Stock and Options Trades $6.99 $7.99 $9.99 $12.991
Simple Options
(options contract fee per contract) $6.99 plus $0.75 $7.99 plus $0.75 $9.99 plus $0.75 $12.99 plus $0.75
Options Contract Fee $0.75

Complex Options
Options / Options
(options contract fee per contract in both legs) $6.99 plus $0.75 $7.99 plus $0.75 $9.99 plus $0.75 $12.99 plus $0.75
Stock / Options
(options contract/contract) $6.99 plus $6.99
plus $0.75 $7.99 plus $7.99
plus $0.75 $9.99 plus $9.99
plus $0.75 $12.99 plus $12.99
plus $0.75
Options
Exercise/Assignments $19.99
1 For orders involving securities listed on a national securities exchange (i.e., "listed securities") a fee of $0.015 per share will apply to that portion of the order that exceeds 2,000 shares.
* Click here to see footnote details and additional important information.

Global Trading
Global Trading Commissions1
Market Canada
(CAD) France
(EUR) Germany
(EUR) Hong Kong2
(HKD) Japan
(JPY) United Kingdom2
(GBP)
Online Stock Trades 19.99 19.99 19.99 299.00 3,399.00 9.99
Broker-Assisted Stock Trades
(added to applicable
online commission) 55.00 35.00 35.00 350.00 5,500.00 25.00
1 Global Trading commissions are charged to your Global Trading account in local currency, based on the market in which the trade was placed.
2 Additional fees will apply to trades placed in the Hong Kong and UK markets, as shown in the table below.

Additional Global Trading Fees1
Market Hong Kong, United Kingdom
Stamp Duty Principal x 0.1%, rounded to the next-highest HKD Principal x 0.5% (buys only)
Other Fees ■Trading Fee – Principal x 0.005%
■Transaction Levy – Principal x 0.004%
■CCASS Settlement Fee – Principal x 0.002% (minimum HKD 2.00; maximum HKD 100.00)
PTM Levy – GBP 1.00 per order (only if executed principal amount exceeds GBP 10,000)
1 Fees shown will be added to the applicable Global Trading commissions and charged to your Global Trading account in local currency, based on the market in which the trade was placed.

Mutual Funds
No-load, no-transaction-fee funds¹ $0
Transaction-fee funds $19.99
Load funds See prospectus for amount of load
Broker-assisted trades $45 plus the applicable commission
1 You can invest in the mutual funds available through E*TRADE Securities' no-load, no-transaction fee program without paying loads, transaction fees, or commissions. To discourage short-term trading, E*TRADE Securities will charge an Early Redemption Fee of $49.99 on redemptions or exchanges of no-load, no transaction fee funds that are held less than 90 days. Direxion, ProFunds and Rydex mutual funds, or funds held at least 90 days will not be subject to the Early Redemption Fee. All fees and expenses as described in the fund's prospectus still apply. Please read the fund's prospectus carefully before investing.

Bonds
US Treasury Auction $0
US Treasury Secondary Trades Online $0
Online Secondary Trades* $1 per bond (minimum $10, maximum $250)
Rep Assisted Trades Online secondary pricing plus $20 commission
Through Financial Advisors Net yield basis†
New Issues (except Treasury Auction) Offering price includes a selling concession
*Includes Agency bonds, Corporate bonds, Municipal bonds, Brokered CDs, Pass-thrus, CMOs, Asset Backed Securities.

†Secondary market trades executed through a Financial Advisor will be effected on a net yield basis, where E*TRADE Securities will act as principal. When acting as principal, we will add a markup to any purchase, and subtract a markdown from every sale. The markup or markdown will be included in the price quoted to you and will vary depending on the characteristics of the particular security or CD.

Futures¹
Futures Contract Commission $2.99 per contract, per side + fees¹
1In addition to the $2.99 per contract per side commission, futures customers will be assessed certain fees including applicable futures exchange and NFA fees, as well as Man Financial floor brokerage charges for execution of non-electronically traded futures and futures options contracts. These fees are not established by E*TRADE Securities and will vary by exchange.

Transaction Pricing | Margin Rates | Account Activity Fees | Special Request Fees Back to top

Margin Rates¹ Base Rate effective as of 10/14/2008 = 3.99%²

Stock and Options
Debit Balance Margin Rate
$1,000,000 or more 3.99% (Equal to base rate)
$250,000 to $999,999.99 4.99% (1.00% above base rate)
$50,000 to $249,999.99 5.99% (2.00% above base rate)
Less than $50,000 6.99% (3.00% above base rate)

Margin trading involves risks and is not suitable for all investors. Rates are subject to change without notice. Rates are set at the discretion of E*TRADE Securities with reference to commercially recognized interest rates, such as the broker call loan rate.

1 Margin transactions involve additional risks, including the risk that you could lose more money than you deposit in your account. For complete information, read the FINRA Margin Disclosure Statement.

2 The base rate is set at E*TRADE Securities' discretion with reference to commercially recognized interest rates, such as the broker call loan rate. Base rates are subject to change without prior notice.

Transaction Pricing | Margin Rates | Account Activity Fees | Special Request Fees Back to top

Account Activity Fees
Account Service Fee* Your account will be reviewed on each quarter's Activity Record Date and a $40 Account Service Fee (ASF) will be assessed, if applicable, on the Fee Date, which is Wednesday during the last full week of each quarter as indicated below:

Quarter Activity Record Date Fee Date
Q1 2009 (12/23/08 - 03/23/09) 03/23/09 03/25/09
Q2 2009 (03/24/09 - 06/22/09) 06/22/09 06/24/09
Q3 2009 (06/23/09 - 09/21/09) 09/21/09 09/23/09
Q4 2009 (9/22/09 - 12/21/09) 12/21/09 12/23/09

You will not be charged an ASF if any of the following apply by the Activity Record Date (the Monday of the last full week of each quarter).

Account Types
■Your account is an IRA
■Your account is a Custodial account
■Your account has been opened less than 12 months
Other Relationships with E*TRADE FINANCIAL
■You have an E*TRADE Bank Money Market Account
■You have an outstanding balance on an E*TRADE Bank VISA card
■You have an outstanding balance on an E*TRADE Bank Home Equity Line of Credit
■You have an outstanding balance on an E*TRADE Bank Home Equity Installment Loan
■You obtained an E*TRADE Mortgage loan within the prior 12 months
■You are an employee of a current E*TRADE FINANCIAL Corporate Services Employee Stock Plan client
Account Activity
■You execute one or more stock or options trades
■You make a minimum of two bill payments using Online Bill Pay
■You make at least three ACH deposits of at least $1,000 each
Minimum Balance
■Your E*TRADE Securities account balance is at least $10,000
■Your combined balance in linked E*TRADE Securities and E*TRADE Bank accounts is at least $20,000

Check Returned for Non-sufficient Funds $25 for first occurrence
$30 for second occurrence
$40 for third occurrence
Electronic Transfer Returned for Non-sufficient Funds $25
Fed Call Extensions $25
Limited Partnership Fee $75¹ for re-registration on incoming transfers
$100 annually per limited partnership position for custody
Reorganizations $20 for mandatory actions (e.g., mergers, reverse stock splits)
$30 for voluntary actions (e.g., tender offers)
$50 for actions reflected on physical certificates
Restricted Securities Custody $150
Verification of Deposits (third parties) $20
Worthless Securities Processing $5
American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) Custody Fee $.01 - $.05 per share²
1 A one-time fee applied when the custodian of a limited partnership is changed from another brokerage firm to E*TRADE Securities.

2 Transfer agents and banks that sponsor American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) are permitted to charge ADR holders an annual custody fee. The fee is administered through the Depository Trust Company (DTC) which typically will be subtracted from the gross dividend amount payable or collected from E*TRADE Clearing by the DTC and deducted from your account if the ADR does not pay a dividend. The fee will be posted to your monthly account statement and transaction history pages as "ADR Custody Fee."

* View Master Disclaimer

Special Request Fees
Overnight Mail $20
Account Transfers (outgoing) $25 for partial transfers
$60 for full transfers
Check Copies $15 per copy
Check Requests $10 per request
Checkbook Reorders $8.25 for 75 checks
(reorder fee waived for customers with $50,000 or more in combined E*TRADE Securities and E*TRADE Bank accounts or who make at least 30 stock or options trades per quarter.)
Stop Payment Requests $25
IRA Premature Distributions $25
Stock Certificate Requests $75 per certificate
Foreign Stock Certificate Requests $250 per certificate
Wire Transfers $0 incoming
$25 outgoing
Duplicate Account Statements or Tax Forms $5per statement or form (access these documents online for free