Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:41 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » General Forums » Traders Lounge » Introductions » Risky in Iraq, stockramer

Old 05-13-2009, 11:19 AM   Nav to Top  #1
stockramer
Junior Trader

Favorites: F, MTG, MGM
stockramer will become famous soon enough
Default Risky in Iraq, stockramer

Hi, pretty new to trading. I did the whole virtual trading for about a year and really enjoyed it. Now I'm in Iraq with nowhere to spend money so I started trading about a month ago. I don't mind takeing risk on small pennystocks. It is actually kind of fun! Plan on spending most of my down time here learning the market and makeing some trades. This seems like it will be a good site to put in favorites.
stockramer is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:23 AM   Nav to Top  #2
Aaron
UberTrader

Favorites: GNTA, ABTG, CNFO
Aaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Aaron

wooo hooo livin' the iraqi dream!

i'm a contractor out here doing the sammmmme thing man. shooting for 4 yrs, but if investing works out that time will be severely shortened. :)

good luck!

Aaron
>>there goes the fidelity<<

Last edited by Aaron; 05-13-2009 at 11:26 AM..
Aaron is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:35 AM   Nav to Top  #3
AKrider
VIP Trader

Favorites: SD, BCF, BIPH
AKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant futureAKrider has a brilliant future

Welcome to the site man. If you have been doing the virtual trading for a year you are already of the game. I assume your in the service, what branch?

Fortune favors the brave.
AKrider is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:02 PM   Nav to Top  #4
stockramer
Junior Trader

Favorites: F, MTG, MGM
stockramer will become famous soon enough
Default Warm and Fuzzy

The virtual definetly gave me the warm and fuzzy but I know there is a lot to learn. Assumption is right. In the Army ( Infantry). I like the quote you have. Something to live by. Any advice for good research. Or educational books/sites to help me out?
stockramer is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:03 PM   Nav to Top  #5
VicVan
UberTrader

Favorites: ANTO, GE, XL
VicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond repute

I used to invest in a company that supplied security men post iraq war - it made me a ton!!!
Always do your own research and make up your own mind on any stock. Top investors follow themselves, sheep get slaughtered. Any tip, suggestion or comment posted by me is simply a suggestion / prompt for you to make up your own mind. No liability will be accepted. Its not a professional view, its a suggestion. Shares go up and down. Always spread your investments, always set your stops both up and down. If shorting or Futures investing, know what your doing. You cant beat the sharks, but you can swim on their back. Trade lucky.
VicVan is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:22 PM   Nav to Top  #6
NBP
VIP Trader

Favorites: AAPL CTIC CNM
NBP is a name known to allNBP is a name known to allNBP is a name known to allNBP is a name known to allNBP is a name known to allNBP is a name known to all

Just reading this & whilst my response has nothing to do with money or trades - I am sure I shall be forgiven in saying Good Luck for a safe tour in Iraq to you both.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:35 AM   Nav to Top  #7
chuckd
UberTrader

Favorites: KFN LVS NTE
chuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Stockramer !! here is a link to a thread with several books

to read Investors Book Recommendations
All advice from me is guaranteed to be worth at least what you paid for it, or double your money back. All persons dealing with matters of personal finance are advised to gather information from blogs, books, radio and TV, consult with professionals, discuss the matter with anybody who will listen, and then make their own decision.
chuckd is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote