Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:16 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » General Forums » Traders Lounge » Introductions » Gem of a forum! SupremeFire

Old 05-01-2009, 02:36 PM   Nav to Top  #1
SupremeFire
Junior Trader

Favorites: HLCS / SXX / KFN
SupremeFire has a spectacular aura aboutSupremeFire has a spectacular aura aboutSupremeFire has a spectacular aura about
Smile Gem of a forum! SupremeFire

Hi Guys,

Glad to stumble across such an informative forum. I've been observing VicVan's suggestions over at the Google Boards for awhile now and thought it would be worth coming over to Stock Rants for a look see. I have a sizable investment in LVS and a bunch of other diversified picks, which I intend to hold for the long term, but I also have cash to play with short term. I have tested the waters with KFN, as recommended by trants and I'm pleased to see the results. Hopefully this forum will open my eyes to all the fantastic potential the bear market has brought us.

Pleased to join the community!
SupremeFire is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:40 PM   Nav to Top  #2
Aaron
UberTrader

Favorites: GNTA, ABTG, CNFO
Aaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond reputeAaron has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Aaron

goooood day sir' XD
>>there goes the fidelity<<
Aaron is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:40 PM   Nav to Top  #3
VicVan
UberTrader

Favorites: ANTO, GE, XL
VicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome mate - get stuck in
Always do your own research and make up your own mind on any stock. Top investors follow themselves, sheep get slaughtered. Any tip, suggestion or comment posted by me is simply a suggestion / prompt for you to make up your own mind. No liability will be accepted. Its not a professional view, its a suggestion. Shares go up and down. Always spread your investments, always set your stops both up and down. If shorting or Futures investing, know what your doing. You cant beat the sharks, but you can swim on their back. Trade lucky.
VicVan is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:59 PM   Nav to Top  #4
chuckd
UberTrader

Favorites: KFN LVS NTE
chuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Supreme, this market is the chance of a lifetime!!
All advice from me is guaranteed to be worth at least what you paid for it, or double your money back. All persons dealing with matters of personal finance are advised to gather information from blogs, books, radio and TV, consult with professionals, discuss the matter with anybody who will listen, and then make their own decision.
chuckd is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:29 AM   Nav to Top  #5
ychamb
UberTrader

Favorites: LVS, QTWW, WWEI, BIPH
ychamb has much to be proud ofychamb has much to be proud ofychamb has much to be proud ofychamb has much to be proud ofychamb has much to be proud ofychamb has much to be proud ofychamb has much to be proud ofychamb has much to be proud ofychamb has much to be proud of

Welcome!
ychamb is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:40 AM   Nav to Top  #6
Prentiss
Busy Counting Stacks

Favorites: See my thread...
Prentiss has a reputation beyond reputePrentiss has a reputation beyond reputePrentiss has a reputation beyond reputePrentiss has a reputation beyond reputePrentiss has a reputation beyond reputePrentiss has a reputation beyond reputePrentiss has a reputation beyond reputePrentiss has a reputation beyond reputePrentiss has a reputation beyond reputePrentiss has a reputation beyond reputePrentiss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Prentiss

Welcome aboard the money train!

http://www.thepictures.us/images/f4z...t7va50p91h.gif

You follow my words, you will both MAKE and LOSE money JUST LIKE ME!
Prentiss is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:33 PM   Nav to Top  #7
SupremeFire
Junior Trader

SupremeFire has a spectacular aura aboutSupremeFire has a spectacular aura aboutSupremeFire has a spectacular aura about

Cheers for the warm welcome all!

Does anyone have any suggestions on a brokerage company in the UK?

I've been with Interactive Investor and The Share Center for awhile, but they don't always seem to have the stocks I want, and people on the forum recommend.

And a quick thank you to Germs and the others. Already benefited from the CTIC price spike since joining the forum, for which I really appreciate the heads up on. Let the good times roll!

XD
Old 05-08-2009, 01:40 PM   Nav to Top  #8
samnorris
Junior Trader

Favorites: LON:AFR, NYSE:EXM, NYSE:TNK
samnorris is a jewel in the roughsamnorris is a jewel in the roughsamnorris is a jewel in the rough

Hi supremefire, I'm currently doing some research on TD Waterhouse.. just off the phone to them actually. There is another thread on UK brokers you should check out. I'm finding it difficult finding someone who covers many of the US, Canadian markets although TD Waterhouse do..
I'll be posting an update on the other thread tomorrow probably. If you find anything let me know.

Oh.. welcome and good luck.
samnorris is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:28 PM   Nav to Top  #9
SupremeFire
Junior Trader

Originally Posted by samnorris View Post
Hi supremefire, I'm currently doing some research on TD Waterhouse.. just off the phone to them actually. There is another thread on UK brokers you should check out. I'm finding it difficult finding someone who covers many of the US, Canadian markets although TD Waterhouse do..
I'll be posting an update on the other thread tomorrow probably. If you find anything let me know.

Oh.. welcome and good luck.
Thanks Sam, I'll keep my ear to the ground and let you know if I have any more info.