Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:03 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » General Forums » Traders Lounge » Introductions » Hi everyone,..... just joined up.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:46 AM   Nav to Top  #1
gestureman
Junior Trader

Favorites: svm cza cfm
gestureman is on a distinguished road
Smile Hi everyone,..... just joined up.

Site looks great.....saw some of VicVans posts on google recommending it so thanks Vic.

If any of you guys and gals can help me with my investment learning curve then maybe i can repay by helping you with your golf swings ( i am a pga qualified coach) .....I am also a poker nut and have been turning a +roi for the last couple of years.

I am currently holding the likes of cfm, afr, acu, svm, mining sector and looking to dabble in smallcaps biotech longer term.

Anyway I look forward to reading your views and have been really impressed with the level of communication on the site.
gestureman is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:09 PM   Nav to Top  #2
Kordoyn
UberTrader

Favorites: DOW TCK HEB
Kordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond reputeKordoyn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gestureman View Post
Site looks great.....saw some of VicVans posts on google recommending it so thanks Vic.

If any of you guys and gals can help me with my investment learning curve then maybe i can repay by helping you with your golf swings ( i am a pga qualified coach) .....I am also a poker nut and have been turning a +roi for the last couple of years.

I am currently holding the likes of cfm, afr, acu, svm, mining sector and looking to dabble in smallcaps biotech longer term.

Anyway I look forward to reading your views and have been really impressed with the level of communication on the site.

Welcome to the boards. Although I'm not much of a golfer, I'm an avid poker player as well, regularly finishing tournaments 'in the money' although I've yet to bring home the big prize.
I'm sure you'll find tons of useful info here to help get that portfolio looking pretty.
Kordoyn is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:18 PM   Nav to Top  #3
chuckd
UberTrader

Favorites: KFN LVS NTE
chuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond reputechuckd has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome gestureman, Glad you joined us. This site is full of knowledgeable people will to help. Cheers !!
All advice from me is guaranteed to be worth at least what you paid for it, or double your money back. All persons dealing with matters of personal finance are advised to gather information from blogs, books, radio and TV, consult with professionals, discuss the matter with anybody who will listen, and then make their own decision.
chuckd is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:30 PM   Nav to Top  #4
gestureman
Junior Trader

Originally Posted by Kordoyn View Post
Welcome to the boards. Although I'm not much of a golfer, I'm an avid poker player as well, regularly finishing tournaments 'in the money' although I've yet to bring home the big prize.
I'm sure you'll find tons of useful info here to help get that portfolio looking pretty.
Thanks Kordoyn.....i hav''t brought the big one home yet either but you never know. Negreanu's latest small ball book has been helping me grind a profit playing small stakes cash recently and it has changed my game a lot....well, it's made me a lot more fishy lol... % age of hands played way up and doubled a small bankroll 5 times in 3 months since.

As you are from Toronto do you have any views on BAJ (copper mining) listed on the Toronto exchange i think....I was in last year before the Korean involvment but dumped in the crash....thinking of getting in again for the long run (or am i just chasing losses! lol).
Old 05-23-2009, 02:31 PM   Nav to Top  #5
gestureman
Junior Trader

Originally Posted by chuckd View Post
Welcome gestureman, Glad you joined us. This site is full of knowledgeable people will to help. Cheers !!
Thanks chuckd.....love the avatar by the way....must find one like that for myself.