Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:19 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Forex Trading » Importance of stop loss placement in forex trading.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:52 PM   Nav to Top  #1
asiaforexmentor
Senior Trader

Favorites: set,youp,tee
asiaforexmentor will become famous soon enoughasiaforexmentor will become famous soon enough
Default Importance of stop loss placement in forex trading.

FOREX TRADING: IMPORTANCE OF STOP LOSS PLACEMENT

A lot of traders do not believe in stop loss placement.
Some believe in mental stop loss placement. meaning that when they feel that a trade is not going their way, they will then cut it off.
That is so terribly wrong. Stop loss placement is one of the most crucial key if you want to make forex trading profitable.
Another mistake traders make is that they shift their stop loss. They shift it backwards, thinking that the trade will just go back a little more and will come back their way. And sure enough, most of the time, they took more losses than they would have if they stayed on their initial stop loss.
In the chart above, is an example of the importance of stop loss placement.
Usd chf h4
In the highlighted box, thats a pin bar. When some guys see this pin, they will naturally take it down and the ideal place for their stop loss is the horizontal line in orange that is drawn.
Scenario A) if the trader did not place a stop loss, or a mental stop loss – look at how high the usd chf pair went upwards. Their account will be blown or had a huge huge loss.
Scenario B) Trader shifted their stop loss backwards from the initial orange line thinking that the trade will go back down. They would have taken a huge loss as the move went up terribly fast and would have gotten a big blow to their account
Scenario C) Trader sticked to their initial stop loss, they would have just gotten a standard loss of the % risked in their account, based on their money management. And this is just one of the trades among the plenty, therefore this loss is not a big deal.
I hope you guys can see the importance of placing and sticking to your stop loss. Or else your account will be blown before you know it.
Ezekiel Chew
Asia #1 Forex Mentor
www.asiaforexmentor.com

Asia Forex Mentor forex course is now FREE! www.asiaforexmentor.com
asiaforexmentor is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 03:29 AM   Nav to Top  #2
Neha Agrawal
Junior Trader

Favorites: Southwest Airlines
Neha Agrawal is on a distinguished road

Stoploss placement is the must activity to prevent from loss. Expert help is required in applying stoploss.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:31 AM   Nav to Top  #3
Anmol2016
Junior Trader

Favorites: AAP AGO TIF
Anmol2016 is on a distinguished road

It is always good to apply stoploss in order to avoid big losses.Getting help from share market experts is an advantage.
Anmol2016 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 05:52 AM   Nav to Top  #4
James Charter
Senior Trader

Favorites: SSNLF, NASDAQ, NYSE
James Charter is on a distinguished road

The importance of stop loss is important if you are taking extra risk. I normally don’t use it because I keep up with right money management upfront, which helps me with working. I find it easier with broker like FreshForex, who are amazing due to their lovely set of features and facilities that counts for low spreads, fast execution without slippage or requite, it all works perfectly in my favour. The biggest benefit for me is their 200% deposit bonus, which means I don’t have to be overly concern about things.
James Charter is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote