Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:42 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » General Forums » Traders Lounge » Feedback/Help » Pay for access

Old 05-18-2009, 04:33 AM   Nav to Top  #1
aim2high
VIP Trader

Favorites: CTIC,HEB,BIPH,UNDT
aim2high is a splendid one to beholdaim2high is a splendid one to beholdaim2high is a splendid one to beholdaim2high is a splendid one to beholdaim2high is a splendid one to beholdaim2high is a splendid one to beholdaim2high is a splendid one to behold
Lightbulb Pay for access

I was just reading the HEB thread where the StockHaven's guy is 'outed' and noticed his Google AdSense earnings: $355 for an alleged 10 days of activation.

Not bad at all.

I wonder, how many would pay - for example, £12 p/a to access THIS site? Honestly, I might, but I'd want something in return for my money. Some sort of integrated live charting for example that could be paid for out of the profits. Legal/proper investment advice and the such.

Thoughts?

[I'm sure Vic et al are rubbing their hands together!]

It would stop trolls, bashers, those not committed to becoming seriously rich through investments.

Alternatively, advertising could be used to fund 'goodies' on the site.

Last edited by aim2high; 05-18-2009 at 04:35 AM..
aim2high is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:00 AM   Nav to Top  #2
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Favorites: LVS, FAS/FAZ, POT
Miles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via AIM to Miles Send a message via Skype™ to Miles

I am with lattes 1000%. From the get go we wanted this to be a completely free service. Having said that the server I leased is around $250/month so I will likely roll out some Adsense ads, and affilite links at some point this year. I will also do my best to make them less visible for VIP members.

But yeah, charging for access here, in any way shape or form = not gonna happen. All of the snake-oil salesman out there touting 'the ultimate daily stocks to buy' lists is one of my prime motivations behind this forum.

Also we have plans to roll out a system where users of this forum can share in the ad revenue on threads they start. We are already seeing very heavy volume on certain threads here so if you are a strong poster here you could be well rewarded. We appreciate and respect the amount of time a solid research post can take, so we hope this will help stimulate solid due diligence in stock pick/tutorial style threads. More about this soon.
Please note that all information on securities I provide is merely my own opinion and any advice given is purely speculative and should not under any circumstances be considered investment advice. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, security or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal and financial situation.
Miles is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:24 AM   Nav to Top  #3
Dead Bird Dog
UberTrader

Dead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond reputeDead Bird Dog has a reputation beyond repute

I really appreciate the staff's take on this. As an admittted neophyte trying to learn how to successfully trade I've found this forum to be of immense value. The committment that the staff has expressed in this thread validates that Stockrants, as it was advertised, is THE place to be.

Thanks gentlemen
Dead Bird Dog is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:03 AM   Nav to Top  #4
aim2high
VIP Trader

Favorites: CTIC,HEB,BIPH,UNDT
aim2high is a splendid one to beholdaim2high is a splendid one to beholdaim2high is a splendid one to beholdaim2high is a splendid one to beholdaim2high is a splendid one to beholdaim2high is a splendid one to beholdaim2high is a splendid one to behold

No worries, it was just a thought. I realise hosting can be expensive.
aim2high is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:00 PM   Nav to Top  #5
SK_
UberTrader

SK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond reputeSK_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yes vote on ads

Keep it free but I'm in full support of placing some ads here to pay server and those who build and maintain site.

The integrity here is profoundly refreshing and I no doubt you guys will keep the trite trash ads off as well.

Kudos - a thousand time over - to all who built this!
SK_ is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:04 PM   Nav to Top  #6
bufarda
VIP Trader

Favorites: XL OPC LVS
bufarda is a splendid one to beholdbufarda is a splendid one to beholdbufarda is a splendid one to beholdbufarda is a splendid one to beholdbufarda is a splendid one to beholdbufarda is a splendid one to behold

They should set up a Paypal account for donations like that everybody's going to be happy.
bufarda is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 12:42 PM   Nav to Top  #7
slarty
littlefish bigpond

Favorites: moni, tcm, chns
slarty is a splendid one to beholdslarty is a splendid one to beholdslarty is a splendid one to beholdslarty is a splendid one to beholdslarty is a splendid one to beholdslarty is a splendid one to behold

That's exactly what was going through my mind - voluntary donations from willing members.
slarty is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:23 PM   Nav to Top  #8
Stoned.Investor
Junior Trader

Stoned.Investor is just really niceStoned.Investor is just really niceStoned.Investor is just really niceStoned.Investor is just really niceStoned.Investor is just really nice

Glad to hear that Miles and lattes, I agree with you guys 100% This sites value lies in the content the users provide. We are already seeing a heirarchy becoming established amongst the various trader experience levels. I for one have been waiting for a site such as this for ages, meaningful discussion with a community of folks you get to know, I had about enough of them chuckleheads on google.

You have done a fantastic job with the site, I am sure you will integrate the ad system as unobtrusive as possible. Keep up the good work fellas.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:46 PM   Nav to Top  #9
roxxer
Trader

Favorites: eqn drys
roxxer will become famous soon enough
Default How much do i tip the tippee

Hi head honcho's . I finally freed up some cash to actually go with a stock money123 recommended. Normally all my stocks are long term( 2 TO 3 YRS) but after seeing how much fun you guys were having i decided to jump in. mind you my first try hasnt gone well (NRI) but not a loss either, just tying up my original play money, im still holding them lol and now i just doubled my new play money with CPTP. So because i'm so giddy with excitement i would like to tip mr money 123 .I tip a waiter roughly 13% of my dinner total. What would be the norm or status qua here?? TY.
roxxer is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:07 PM   Nav to Top  #10
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Favorites: LVS, FAS/FAZ, POT
Miles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via AIM to Miles Send a message via Skype™ to Miles

Yep, feel free to lay tips/donations to traders. See this thread for details sir: http://www.stockrants.com/forum/stoc...-new-post.html
Please note that all information on securities I provide is merely my own opinion and any advice given is purely speculative and should not under any circumstances be considered investment advice. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, security or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal and financial situation.
Miles is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote