Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:23 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » General Forums » Traders Lounge » Feedback/Help » IM ASKING FOR HELP & ASSISTANCE FROM ANY ONE!!

Old 03-15-2011, 12:55 AM   Nav to Top  #1
Trent Moore
Junior Trader

Favorites: HNZ BAC KO
Trent Moore is on a distinguished road
Default IM ASKING FOR HELP & ASSISTANCE FROM ANY ONE!!

Hello im Trent Moore..im come to the memebers & administrators of this great webiste for help..this is my story,,i had been investing with a broker for id say 4yrs,my 1st. investment was of $65k,then 4months later i got a check from him of $99k,i depostied in the bank it it cleared 100%,so i reinveted the $99k & 6months later it was worth $150k & my broker started paying me dividens directly into my bank each month,the profits that my investment would produce ( all according to him)..well every 6months,i would (rollover my investment) & he would give me profits percentages anywere from 50% my highest was 79.5% return on my investment & he continued paying my bi weekly dividens into my bank..it all worked great for 4 yrs,till the dividen deposits stoped coming in & he told me that he had lost all my money/investment & also lost all of his other investors money & that his firm was bankrupted/shut down..as u can imagine im 10000% devestidated to say the least!!....this is were i need help. he never told me in what was he investing my money,it seems he was running some type of mutual fund,he gathered money from more than 200investors & invested that money into what he thought would make the most profits......my Question is,if me or anybody would invest in a Mutual Fund with 50k or 60k does any mutual fund or investment actually produce 50% to 79.5% in returns to me in a 6month period???....i also did a small side investment for a good freind of $10k for a period of 1year & he gave me a 125% return in that investment,gave me a check for$22,500. from a $10k investment in 1year,,could investing in a mutual fund acuatly produce a 125% return like this???......another thing i need help is gather information of him & his firm,ive done alot of reaserch on it, but was woundering if anybody here with more experince than me help me in reaserching his company/firm ?? thank you all so much, god bless this website...Trent.
Trent Moore is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:26 PM   Nav to Top  #2
Strohem
VIP Trader

Strohem is a name known to allStrohem is a name known to allStrohem is a name known to allStrohem is a name known to allStrohem is a name known to allStrohem is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Trent Moore View Post
Hello im Trent Moore..im come to the memebers & administrators of this great webiste for help..this is my story,,i had been investing with a broker for id say 4yrs,my 1st. investment was of $65k,then 4months later i got a check from him of $99k,i depostied in the bank it it cleared 100%,so i reinveted the $99k & 6months later it was worth $150k & my broker started paying me dividens directly into my bank each month,the profits that my investment would produce ( all according to him)..well every 6months,i would (rollover my investment) & he would give me profits percentages anywere from 50% my highest was 79.5% return on my investment & he continued paying my bi weekly dividens into my bank..it all worked great for 4 yrs,till the dividen deposits stoped coming in & he told me that he had lost all my money/investment & also lost all of his other investors money & that his firm was bankrupted/shut down..as u can imagine im 10000% devestidated to say the least!!....this is were i need help. he never told me in what was he investing my money,it seems he was running some type of mutual fund,he gathered money from more than 200investors & invested that money into what he thought would make the most profits......my Question is,if me or anybody would invest in a Mutual Fund with 50k or 60k does any mutual fund or investment actually produce 50% to 79.5% in returns to me in a 6month period???....i also did a small side investment for a good freind of $10k for a period of 1year & he gave me a 125% return in that investment,gave me a check for$22,500. from a $10k investment in 1year,,could investing in a mutual fund acuatly produce a 125% return like this???......another thing i need help is gather information of him & his firm,ive done alot of reaserch on it, but was woundering if anybody here with more experince than me help me in reaserching his company/firm ?? thank you all so much, god bless this website...Trent.

Are you for real?

“......my Question is,if me or anybody would invest in a Mutual Fund with 50k or 60k does any mutual fund or investment actually produce 50% to 79.5% in returns to me in a 6month period???....”

Yes. The Munder Net Net Fund returned 80% in the last quarter of 1999. Soon afterward, it was worth less than 1/10 of its value.

What you describe sounds impossible, unreal and very Madoff-ish.

S
Old 03-15-2011, 04:00 PM   Nav to Top  #3
Trent Moore
Junior Trader

Thank you soooo much ( Strohem) for your reply it was very helpfull, i really do appriciate your words...,unfurtuantely yes my story & delema is VERY REAL!!...due to him losing all my $investment im left with basically nothing,compaired to what i was worth a few months ago.,,,Many invetors inculding myself we orginally thought this was a ( Madooff type scam or ponzi scheme) but my brokers record was super/super clean thurout all his life,not even a parking ticket & after the whole financiall collapse, Many law enforcement agencys have been investigating this isssue & say he did nothing ilegall, that his invesments were all lagit...I have just been trying to figure out what he was investing in & give me such high returns in a 6month period, becuse i have to go an invest on my own now with what little money i have left...i hope to hear from hear from many more members here if possible..becuse i appriciate every word of advice...THANK YOU ONCE AGIN..Trent.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:02 PM   Nav to Top  #4
Strohem
VIP Trader

Strohem is a name known to allStrohem is a name known to allStrohem is a name known to allStrohem is a name known to allStrohem is a name known to allStrohem is a name known to all

i had been investing with a broker for id say 4yrs,my 1st. investment was of $65k,then 4months later i got a check from him of $99k,i depostied in the bank it it cleared 100%,

What kind of “broker”?
What are his credentials?
How did he make contact with you initially?
What role did you have in seeking him out, if any?
What kind of firm?
Was he licensed and affiliated with a (FINRA member) brokerage firm?
If so, where was it located?
Did he represent himself as a representative of a/that FINRA firm?
Did you establish a brokerage account?
Who did you make the deposit payable to?
Do you have those documents?

so i reinveted the $99k & 6months later it was worth $150k

Why did you re-invest these funds?
How did you re-invest these funds?
How do you know it was worth $150k?
Did you receive statements showing that?
What securities were purchased/transacted?
Do you have these trade documents?

& my broker started paying me dividens directly into my bank each month,the profits that my investment would produce ( all according to him)..

Why was he depositing funds directly into your bank account?
How? By wire transfer? In person?
How do you know this to be true? Documents??
Do you have documents for the continued investment transactions?
Did you ever receive tax documents (1099-B’s, K-1’s, etc)?
Did you ever provide your social security number?

well every 6months,i would (rollover my investment) & he would give me profits percentages anywere from 50% my highest was 79.5% return on my investment &

Did this continue even in the face of the 40-50 percent market declines 2-3 years ago?

he continued paying my bi weekly dividens into my bank..

Again, how was he getting these funds into your bank account?
Did you re-invest these proceeds with him? Why or why not?

it all worked great for 4 yrs,till the dividen deposits stoped coming in & he told me that he had lost all my money/investment & also lost all of his other investors money & that his firm was bankrupted/shut down..

When did this come to an end, specifically?
Again, who/what is/was his “firm”? (PM me privately with that answer, if you wish.)

Many invetors inculding myself we orginally thought this was a ( Madooff type scam or ponzi scheme) but my brokers record was super/super clean thurout all his life,not even a parking ticket & after the whole financiall collapse, Many law enforcement agencys have been investigating this isssue & say he did nothing ilegall, that his invesments were all lagit...I have just been trying to figure out what he was investing in & give me such high returns in a 6month period

How do you know about the broker’s background/record?
Did you investigate that?
What authorities have investigated the matter and when?

I find the final statement – “he did nothing ilegall, that his invesments were all lagit...” - hard to believe. If that’s true, you should still have something of value left.

Do you?

Again, this seems unreal but I’ll take you at your word. Fill in the blanks for all of us. Gather/organize ALL documents. There are a lot of questions to answer if you wish for better understanding now and in the future. It can help others as well.

S
Old 03-15-2011, 11:10 PM   Nav to Top  #5
Trent Moore
Junior Trader

Well to begin with i owned a company & he was my accountant for a few years before i started investing with him...his cridentials i dont know much about other than his firms name,his name,everbody that recommended him & his record is clean..he asked me to invest with his firm & gave me a very nice return for 3moths as a test... he is a licensed CPA..the name is the firm i will send it to u persoanlly......i dont know if he was affiliated to FINRA...well i would sign contracts everytime id make a rollover investment with him & he ahd all my documentaion..the 1st couple of investments he would personally give me a check,id cash( never bounced) it & id give it back to him( in person) to reinvest,then after 1year he said my investment was in distribution,he asked me to open up an investment corp. & after that he would do direct deposits into my corp.account...yes i have all the contracts/documents of all the investment/transactions...after he started doing weekly direct deposits of $4k. in my corp.account,i would only see him every 6months,he would show me some contracts showing me how much my investment had made$$,i would sign it & according to him would reinvest( rolling it over as he called it)...after the 1st year.with the exception of the $4k. he would deposit in my account weekly,i have no ways of verifying/knowing what my investment was worth$200k or $300k?,thw weekly depostis kepted coming in like clock work for 4yrs & he would show me my investment contracts( supposedly) showing my how much i was worth...i have all the bank statements of all the weekly deposits...i dont know what securities/stocks he invested in...yes he gave all me all tax papers/documents..yes i gave him my social security#...dont know y he did wire tranfers into my account...yes even tho market droped 40-50% the weekly depostis kepted coming in without issues..it all collapsed around oct.13,2010,thats when he left his office & about a week later his attorney informed he the firm/investments were all gone.....i did as much background investigating as i could on him/his firm & all clean...well many investors made police reports as to what im hearing the FBI,IRS,SEC & a few state agencys are investtigating,but all the investors got letters front them saying( there were droping the investigation due to lack of eveidence & that they were closing this case...well i was very dumb/stupid on my behave,since i was getting$4k a week & he lead me to belive that i was worth alot of money on contract, i pretty much spent all the weekly deposits he put into my account & everytime i would try to cash out 1 of my contract/investments & he would scare me by saying that i was gonna get killed on the taxes....i want to thank you soooooooooo much & all the memebers of this site as well...
Old 03-16-2011, 04:51 AM   Nav to Top  #6
Strohem
VIP Trader

..."after the 1st year.with the exception of the $4k. he would deposit in my account weekly,i have no ways of verifying/knowing what my investment was worth$200k or $300k?,thw weekly depostis kepted coming in like clock work for 4yrs"...

You were receiving weekly deposits to your bank account for 4 years?
Old 03-16-2011, 04:45 PM   Nav to Top  #7
Trent Moore
Junior Trader

yes... i was getting weekly deposits$ into my bank account like clock work,never missed a dime for 4yrs..& if i would ask him( my broker) for addtional money, when i would do the investment rollovers every 6months,if i asked him for an additional$ 10k or 15k,,a few days later is would all be deposites in my account.. (Strohem) I CANT THANK YOU ENOUGH...GOD BLESS U BUDDY..
Old 03-16-2011, 08:14 PM   Nav to Top  #8
Strohem
VIP Trader

Originally Posted by Trent Moore View Post
yes... i was getting weekly deposits$ into my bank account like clock work,never missed a dime for 4yrs..& if i would ask him( my broker) for addtional money, when i would do the investment rollovers every 6months,if i asked him for an additional$ 10k or 15k,,a few days later is would all be deposites in my account.. (Strohem) I CANT THANK YOU ENOUGH...GOD BLESS U BUDDY..

For my part, you’re welcome.

A few thoughts:

If you got $4000 per week (“like clockwork”) for 4 years, then you received “distributions” totaling more than $800k. On a principal investment of $65000, I don’t see the problem. What am I missing??

Next, the name of your guy’s “firm” doesn’t appear on FINRA brokercheck.

This fellow wasn’t a broker. At least, it doesn’t seem so. His name appears 7 times on FINRA brokercheck (it’s a common name). Of the 7 registrants, only 3 are still in the business with large firms in NY/NJ. The other 4 left the business in 2001, 2005, 2005 and 2009. None of these appear to fit your guy either.

He was an accountant passing himself off as something else, also. Whatever else he was, he was also a magician. Perfect opportunity for him: he gets to see who has money, and then talks them out of it.

Finally, in your case, it seems to have worked out well even though there are tons of problems with it.

I have a sincere question, Trent: did you ever notice the potential conflict of interest?
Old 03-17-2011, 08:05 AM   Nav to Top  #9
finalx
Super Moderator

finalx is a glorious beacon of lightfinalx is a glorious beacon of lightfinalx is a glorious beacon of lightfinalx is a glorious beacon of lightfinalx is a glorious beacon of lightfinalx is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, for 800k distribution and that level of return, can't say money laundering didn't come to mind. This is supposed to be a mutual fund?
finalx is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:41 AM   Nav to Top  #10
Strohem
VIP Trader

Originally Posted by finalx View Post
Hi, for 800k distribution and that level of return, can't say money laundering didn't come to mind. This is supposed to be a mutual fund?

I didn't want to say that out loud, but it came to mind. I'd be certain have all my ducks in a row, so as to speak.

It sounds more like a partnership to me.