Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:13 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » General Forums » Traders Lounge » Feedback/Help » Newbie Section

Old 04-28-2009, 09:35 AM   Nav to Top  #1
DanB
UberTrader

DanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant future
Default Newbie Section

Hi,

I think to stop allot of unproductive posts within the trading section that their should be a section for Beginners. Once your doors open on the 8th May their will start to be a gradual increase of newbies and so will come the same questions over and over diluting the productive posts.

This is how it could be formatted

->Beginners Section
  • General Questions
  • User Guides
  • FAQ
  • Dummy Trading Posts

This will hopefully remove most of the manual work needed to move posts, keep quality up I the right sections and also get beginners into the habit of posting trading tips for critique... (Some of the 'Pros' could start off in their also )

This will also help people like me to reaise their profile (points) by helping beginners out

Ta
DanB

Last edited by DanB; 04-28-2009 at 09:57 AM..
DanB is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:47 AM   Nav to Top  #2
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Favorites: LVS, FAS/FAZ, POT
Miles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via AIM to Miles Send a message via Skype™ to Miles

I believe Sean has taken on the task of writing some documentation in the FAQ section. We're working hard to get most of this stuff done within 10 days. If you know vBulletin and can write solid procedures, shoot me a PM.
Please note that all information on securities I provide is merely my own opinion and any advice given is purely speculative and should not under any circumstances be considered investment advice. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, security or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal and financial situation.
Miles is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:31 AM   Nav to Top  #3
DanB
UberTrader

DanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant futureDanB has a brilliant future

sorry no vBulletin, however I'm pretty good at Call Centre Systems

Last edited by DanB; 04-28-2009 at 11:20 AM..
DanB is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:12 PM   Nav to Top  #4
slarty
littlefish bigpond

Favorites: moni, tcm, chns
slarty is a splendid one to beholdslarty is a splendid one to beholdslarty is a splendid one to beholdslarty is a splendid one to beholdslarty is a splendid one to beholdslarty is a splendid one to behold

Yep, I think there should be a section for Newbee questions, my last question was in the technical section and I think it really belonged in a newbee, basic question section.
Slarty
slarty is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:11 PM   Nav to Top  #5
topdogger
Junior Trader

Favorites: SXX WTI
topdogger is on a distinguished road

I'm new and I think this would be great!
topdogger is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote