Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:54 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Euro / UK Stock Picks » Long: CAN - Cantral Africa Gold (GOLD / AIM LISTED)

Old 04-23-2009, 05:25 AM   Nav to Top  #1
VicVan
UberTrader

Favorites: ANTO, GE, XL
VicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond repute
Default CAN - Cantral Africa Gold (GOLD / AIM LISTED)

GOLD MINES - HIGH RISK & HIGH REWARD (For traders with nuts)

CAN: Central Africa Gold Plc
Started trading - up aroudn 40%> Alot of potential but high risk

MWA: Mwana Africa Plc
Gold looks very promising but should rise up. (news flow)

Note thesea re all London listed but based in AFRICA. You may have
noticed alot of tips in the region, as its dirt cheap, and the stocks
are grossly underpriced. Always a risk with africa - you know -
lions. But basically its a boom area for massive 100 - 500% type
silly gains on news flow.

Check CAN and MWA. I have small holdings for the long long term. So
its not so much of a tip, than a gamble, and a suggestion.

Cheers
VIC
Always do your own research and make up your own mind on any stock. Top investors follow themselves, sheep get slaughtered. Any tip, suggestion or comment posted by me is simply a suggestion / prompt for you to make up your own mind. No liability will be accepted. Its not a professional view, its a suggestion. Shares go up and down. Always spread your investments, always set your stops both up and down. If shorting or Futures investing, know what your doing. You cant beat the sharks, but you can swim on their back. Trade lucky.

Last edited by chuckd; 05-23-2009 at 06:12 PM.. Reason: Added Tag
VicVan is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:35 AM   Nav to Top  #2
VicVan
UberTrader

VicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond repute

MWA rising up

CAN is falling back some - penny as in a penny stock so looks like its not settled yet. Higher risk higher reward - long term play. At 1.33 does start to look quite juciy but wont average down

Spreading over a few works. Nice if this popped. LONG ONLY.
Always do your own research and make up your own mind on any stock. Top investors follow themselves, sheep get slaughtered. Any tip, suggestion or comment posted by me is simply a suggestion / prompt for you to make up your own mind. No liability will be accepted. Its not a professional view, its a suggestion. Shares go up and down. Always spread your investments, always set your stops both up and down. If shorting or Futures investing, know what your doing. You cant beat the sharks, but you can swim on their back. Trade lucky.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:00 PM   Nav to Top  #3
VicVan
UberTrader

80% surge today............. as I said high risk high reward

Sold 75% and re brought at day end
Old 05-08-2009, 06:46 PM   Nav to Top  #4
VicVan
UberTrader

See the close today

And whack up that catchy tune

Its moving - I think im the only one in this one. Tell me if im wrong. This game is easy
Old 05-08-2009, 06:51 PM   Nav to Top  #5
JonW
Rocket Man

Favorites: PNA.AX, AFR.L, CTIC, XKEMQ
JonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in too Vic!! XD

Got your bug for the African stuff!!

JonW
"Everything happens for a reason. There is no such thing as coincidence. Listen lots and talk a little and you will eventually figure out the reasons for most things. This should tell you all you need to know about when to buy and when to sell. Always remember, though, that money is just money and true wealth lies in contentment."
JonW is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:54 PM   Nav to Top  #6
uNkwn
Trader

uNkwn is just really niceuNkwn is just really niceuNkwn is just really niceuNkwn is just really nice

Had these on my watch list for awhile, CAN is clearly under valued.
uNkwn is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:55 PM   Nav to Top  #7
inspirational
UberTrader

Favorites: AQP.L FML.L GGG.L
inspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to inspirational

Originally Posted by VicVan View Post

Its moving - I think im the only one in this one. Tell me if im wrong. This game is easy
I've never heard of this company until your post and I don't know why as it's exactly the kind of stock I love. I'll be joining you early Monday if I can get in before it rises too much more, I'd expect some big gains then by the look of it some news is imminent and it's been leaked.

Only concern would be it operates in Zimbabwe and we know Mr Mugabe is a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

Having said that AQP.L has exposure there too and it's not been affected so far.

Will do more research over the weekend if I get chance and post anything of value.

I assume this is old news and everything is now fine:

CAFGF DJ Central African Gold Plans To Raise $8M In Share Placing

Ah, yes:

Press releases

Probably explains the strange behaviour of the price, but the company is now liquid and should see a rise in SP I'd have thought.

Will stop rambling now.
inspirational is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:21 PM   Nav to Top  #8
inspirational
UberTrader

Favorites: AQP.L FML.L GGG.L
inspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to inspirational

I tried to work out how the recent injection of funds from the rights issue would affect the company but couldn't find the relevant info on the company website.

I was curious to find out how much of the $8M received from the sale of additional stock would leave their bank balance and how long that would last based on their expenditure for the past year.

Anyone else able to find this information?

Would give me extra confidence if I knew that the company was secure for the next x number of years etc.
inspirational is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:37 PM   Nav to Top  #9
VicVan
UberTrader

My view - its gives them time to at least post some operational update / decent news flow. Then on the share pop im out

Not looking to hold this one til 2016 etc

But yeah the info would be good. The high risk / high reward comes from the fact that sort of data and financial peace of mind doesnt exist though. I mean its not a LSE listed. But you can email invetsor relations, even say about this site and the group buying power, and they will get back with decent data for you. Well what they can legally tell you

this is high risk

GGG is better level and safer for the same sort of super cheap penny level

I brought on instinct alone - cheap price, starting up again, interest generated and pure preception that they will do well. After all its people that move share prices, not actually facts. When people buy it moves, and believe people will buy on news results, whatever and whenever they come

But try emailing the investor guy and he should get back to you mate

I will sell if this pops
Old 05-22-2009, 10:17 AM   Nav to Top  #10
ChrisCSC89
Junior Trader

ChrisCSC89 is on a distinguished road

I'm with you Vic, this is a very high risk punt! Have bought a small amount after a few hours research, looks an okay company in an area (Africa) that has a lot of future potential. If it can jump up to 80% and back down in a day I would say its worth a small wager. Will also use Trants free share strategy on this one just incase this company is going somewhere very long term.
ChrisCSC89 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote

Tags
AIM:CAN