Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:18 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Euro / UK Stock Picks » Long: CAN - Cantral Africa Gold (GOLD / AIM LISTED)

Old 06-03-2009, 01:18 PM   Nav to Top  #21
VicVan
UberTrader

Favorites: ANTO, GE, XL
VicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah

As I mentioned on this one - HIGH RISK, HIGH REWARD. I never usually put that as this is really a dangerous one as so many unknowns

So yeah always do your own work on these. This is a punt as mining started up, news may do well, may collapse due to debts

Care!

Plus bid and ask puts you at a loss from the start

Cheers
Always do your own research and make up your own mind on any stock. Top investors follow themselves, sheep get slaughtered. Any tip, suggestion or comment posted by me is simply a suggestion / prompt for you to make up your own mind. No liability will be accepted. Its not a professional view, its a suggestion. Shares go up and down. Always spread your investments, always set your stops both up and down. If shorting or Futures investing, know what your doing. You cant beat the sharks, but you can swim on their back. Trade lucky.
VicVan is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:40 PM   Nav to Top  #22
prezzy
Junior Trader

Favorites: COF, LSE:SHI
prezzy has a spectacular aura aboutprezzy has a spectacular aura aboutprezzy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by JonW View Post
Now prezzy,

That really isn't a good strategy in honesty. Vic may be a godlike figure in StockRants and Google circles but that doesn't mean he is always gonna be right, on time, every time (Vic please back me up here!)

There is absolutely no substitute for doing your own due diligence, research and knowing what your own risk/reward boundaries are for your financial situation. For all you know Vic may earn £750,000p.a. and be p!ssing this up the wall as a game.

Make decisions for yourself (with knowledge) or you will surely come unstuck!

Sorry if the comment seems harsh, but it is given in your best interests,
JonW
Thanks JonW, no offence taken. I only trade what I can afford to lose which is very little . I agree risk management is the key to Pandora’s box.
prezzy is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:42 PM   Nav to Top  #23
AndyB
Pro Charting Wannabe

Favorites: $SPX GGG.L ARSLF
AndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond reputeAndyB has a reputation beyond repute

Whats that? Vic's in this stock?

IM ALL IN ON MARGIN!

Kidding couple of hundred quid might be nice though.

I'm using a stoploss at my break-even on SFEG. Production is delayed.
AndyB is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:08 AM   Nav to Top  #24
evilhomer
Junior Trader

evilhomer will become famous soon enoughevilhomer will become famous soon enough

Hi guys, sorry for the threadromancy - has Central African Gold started mining? I can only find indicated and inferred mineral resources, and nothing else of higher confidence. I can't seem to access parts of their website so maybe I'm missing a news release? There doesn't seem to be any activity on their part since 2007 ish.. :S

Gold grades look ok though :)
evilhomer is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:20 AM   Nav to Top  #25
JonW
Rocket Man

Favorites: PNA.AX, AFR.L, CTIC, XKEMQ
JonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by evilhomer View Post
Hi guys, sorry for the threadromancy - has Central African Gold started mining? I can only find indicated and inferred mineral resources, and nothing else of higher confidence. I can't seem to access parts of their website so maybe I'm missing a news release? There doesn't seem to be any activity on their part since 2007 ish.. :S

Gold grades look ok though :)
I'd say you are absolutely right EvilHomer,

Not only are all the 'news' items actually dated no sooner than 2007 but all the more recent stuff on their website has been sanitised so the links don't work. I can find no information about production rates more recent than 07 which does give an impression of hiding something.

Maybe this guy could shed some light on it:-

Investor and media contacts

St Brides Media & Finance

Hugo de Salis
hugodesalis@sbmf.co.uk
Mobile: +44 7967 496 863
Tel: +44 20 7242 4477

Vic, unless you have some recent news up your sleeve that's not on the site, do you think a StockRants e-mail to this guy would be useful?

Cheers,
JonW
"Everything happens for a reason. There is no such thing as coincidence. Listen lots and talk a little and you will eventually figure out the reasons for most things. This should tell you all you need to know about when to buy and when to sell. Always remember, though, that money is just money and true wealth lies in contentment."
JonW is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:56 AM   Nav to Top  #26
evilhomer
Junior Trader

evilhomer will become famous soon enoughevilhomer will become famous soon enough

In separate news, check out Anglesey Mining. They've jumped quite abit today, and no idea why.
I've been looking at them for a while. I don't think the prospects for opening a metal mine in the UK are all that hot, but the interest they have in Labrador Mining does look good..
evilhomer is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:42 PM   Nav to Top  #27
VicVan
UberTrader

VicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond repute

Yep
Email the guy like we did on GGG, may help, as lets look

Mining is back up and running
Gold is in demand in the area

But..... it is a real punt here. At least we know the heard isnt on this, when the sheep follow into CAN, we can jump

GGG, CAN and MWA I put in one sort of group as all similar, we had the pop on GGG and wait the outcome, MWA done well and more volume, CAN is holding.

I am waiting and chilling out maxing relaxing, shooting some bball outside of school when a couple of guys...... hold on, went all fresh prince there. Sorry

When a stock is sitting not doing much I like to quote and examine the film, Field of Dreams, with the legend that was Kevin Kosner. "build it they will come" on the surface, seems to be about a mad plan to build a baseball field to bring back some ghosts. But look deeper and you can see its a sign to buy CAN and hold it. You may think I have gone loco, or drunk, but no. I take all my stock market picks from 1980s classics, THe Goonies, Police academy, Top Gun, Terminator, Predator, Ghostbusters, TRading places, Gremlins, and the all time stock trader must see, Howard the Duck

(sorry - drunk - HOLD CAN - good call to email that guy)
Always do your own research and make up your own mind on any stock. Top investors follow themselves, sheep get slaughtered. Any tip, suggestion or comment posted by me is simply a suggestion / prompt for you to make up your own mind. No liability will be accepted. Its not a professional view, its a suggestion. Shares go up and down. Always spread your investments, always set your stops both up and down. If shorting or Futures investing, know what your doing. You cant beat the sharks, but you can swim on their back. Trade lucky.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:47 PM   Nav to Top  #28
VicVan
UberTrader

*Note this isnt a new company, just to make sure. It ceased its mining, shares dropped from 50s to nothing, reopens, and like is only 1.5 range due to directors and some limited interest

Its a punt but you lose 100%, or gain 500% type deal

SO be careful as "DYOR" there isnt much. Take your risks as mentioned in the original post. Knuckle down and hope drilling results, mining news, comes out and rips this up. Probably get brought for 5s

Relax, listen to Frank

Last edited by VicVan; 06-10-2009 at 04:49 PM..
Old 06-10-2009, 04:54 PM   Nav to Top  #29
JonW
Rocket Man

Favorites: PNA.AX, AFR.L, CTIC, XKEMQ
JonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond reputeJonW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VicVan View Post
Yep
Email the guy like we did on GGG, may help, as lets look

Mining is back up and running
Gold is in demand in the area

But..... it is a real punt here. At least we know the heard isnt on this, when the sheep follow into CAN, we can jump

GGG, CAN and MWA I put in one sort of group as all similar, we had the pop on GGG and wait the outcome, MWA done well and more volume, CAN is holding.

I am waiting and chilling out maxing relaxing, shooting some bball outside of school when a couple of guys...... hold on, went all fresh prince there. Sorry

When a stock is sitting not doing much I like to quote and examine the film, Field of Dreams, with the legend that was Kevin Kosner. "build it they will come" on the surface, seems to be about a mad plan to build a baseball field to bring back some ghosts. But look deeper and you can see its a sign to buy CAN and hold it. You may think I have gone loco, or drunk, but no. I take all my stock market picks from 1980s classics, THe Goonies, Police academy, Top Gun, Terminator, Predator, Ghostbusters, TRading places, Gremlins, and the all time stock trader must see, Howard the Duck

(sorry - drunk - HOLD CAN - good call to email that guy)
LMFAO!!!

That is one funny post Vic!!

Can I assume you are gonna e-mail him as I haven't got a StockRants e-mail address like you have?

But put the can down first, eh?

Haha!!

Actually, maybe mail him tomorrow!!

JonW
"Everything happens for a reason. There is no such thing as coincidence. Listen lots and talk a little and you will eventually figure out the reasons for most things. This should tell you all you need to know about when to buy and when to sell. Always remember, though, that money is just money and true wealth lies in contentment."
JonW is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:59 PM   Nav to Top  #30
VicVan
UberTrader

I email him some stock logic from films to set him off. Dont feed them after midnight? as if thats not code for buying oil in 2009. (just kidding not really loco. Just bored as work killing my trading time, I actually have to work, dam)

Tags
AIM:CAN