Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:35 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Euro / UK Stock Picks » Buy: African Copper - LSE:ACU

Old 05-07-2009, 01:13 PM   Nav to Top  #1
uNkwn
Trader

uNkwn is just really niceuNkwn is just really niceuNkwn is just really niceuNkwn is just really nice
Question African Copper - LSE:ACU

Its going for around 2.85p right now, which is cheap for what it is or could be. :)
I think this would certainly be a good time to take a look at this stock.
I would be interested to know what you guys think?
uNkwn is offline   4 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:19 PM   Nav to Top  #2
VicVan
UberTrader

Favorites: ANTO, GE, XL
VicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond reputeVicVan has a reputation beyond repute

African
Copper
& penny stock

As I mentioned I like this stock and done some work on it. We really need to get the next earnings call or drilling update from them, and buy in when the stock drifts. When i get some time I will take a better look and hopefully not miss the drive up. But on the surface looks good. Do you have any analyst report or other data you can grab and post here?

Cheers
Always do your own research and make up your own mind on any stock. Top investors follow themselves, sheep get slaughtered. Any tip, suggestion or comment posted by me is simply a suggestion / prompt for you to make up your own mind. No liability will be accepted. Its not a professional view, its a suggestion. Shares go up and down. Always spread your investments, always set your stops both up and down. If shorting or Futures investing, know what your doing. You cant beat the sharks, but you can swim on their back. Trade lucky.
VicVan is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:26 PM   Nav to Top  #3
inspirational
UberTrader

Favorites: AQP.L FML.L GGG.L
inspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to inspirational

I held this stock a while back and would look to buy back in again if the price was right.

Bought at .68p on 17th March and then sold at 1.9p on 6th April. Should have held them until they hit 4.5p as they did earlier this week, but that's hindsight for you.

Perhaps today's retrace presents a good buying opportunity, perhaps it's got further to fall. My gut feeling is that it's still got some more falling to do, but read the second sentence in my post and see what little I know.

Today's trading looks a little odd, as if some news leaked out late in the day.
inspirational is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:27 PM   Nav to Top  #4
uNkwn
Trader

uNkwn is just really niceuNkwn is just really niceuNkwn is just really niceuNkwn is just really nice

I really should have been more specific before declaring it a buy.

I have already bought into this stock earlier in the week at a higher price then what it is now, I really should have waited but then again I am in for the longer term investment on this one.
uNkwn is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:33 PM   Nav to Top  #5
inspirational
UberTrader

inspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant futureinspirational has a brilliant future

I've just found this:

London, United Kingdom: African Copper plc ('African Copper' or the 'Company'). African Copper announces that the resolutions proposed at today's extraordinary general meeting to approve the transactions and arrangements with Natasa Mining Limited ('Natasa') first announced on 9 April 2009 ('Natasa Transaction') were not passed at the meeting. Accordingly, the Natasa Transaction will not be proceeding to completion.

The Company is considering a number of options and a further announcement will be made in due course.
Looks like the fall is down to this news, so it shouldn't fall any further and if the deal is done it is likely to rise back up towards its recent highs.

I may well buy back into this tomorrow, if I can free up some cash early on.

Good luck with it, certainly got a lot of potential this one.
inspirational is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:01 PM   Nav to Top  #6
uNkwn
Trader

Closed at 4.124
uNkwn is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:22 AM   Nav to Top  #7
Euler
Junior Trader

Favorites: KAZ,CFM,RBS
Euler is just really niceEuler is just really niceEuler is just really niceEuler is just really niceEuler is just really nice

They have financing now, going up like wild fire, I got in at 2p, just a punt a while ago, topped up last week at 3p. This will hit 10p and above VERY soon. Get in whilst you can.
Euler is offline   2 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:25 AM   Nav to Top  #8
inspirational
UberTrader

I'm gutted, tried to buy at 5.15p when the market opened but no joy, clicked "negotiated trade" by mistake and am now waiting to get shafted.

8.20p now, watch me pay 9p a share and then see them fall back to 6p or something.
inspirational is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:31 AM   Nav to Top  #9
Euler
Junior Trader

Favorites: KAZ,CFM,RBS
Euler is just really niceEuler is just really niceEuler is just really niceEuler is just really niceEuler is just really nice

Originally Posted by inspirational View Post
I'm gutted, tried to buy at 5.15p when the market opened but no joy, clicked "negotiated trade" by mistake and am now waiting to get shafted.

8.20p now, watch me pay 9p a share and then see them fall back to 6p or something.
If you're willing to hold on, I'm quite sure it'll go up above 10p. The financing package sounds pretty good: RTTNews - World Financial newswires, Canadian News, Negative PreAnnouncements, Earnings News.... , albeit the current shareholders are going to get diluted like f**k though.... but for us who are just getting it, it should be okay imo.
Euler is offline   2 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:48 AM   Nav to Top  #10
inspirational
UberTrader

Originally Posted by Euler View Post
If you're willing to hold on, I'm quite sure it'll go up above 10p. The financing package sounds pretty good: RTTNews - World Financial newswires, Canadian News, Negative PreAnnouncements, Earnings News.... , albeit the current shareholders are going to get diluted like f**k though.... but for us who are just getting it, it should be okay imo.
Many thanks, I have done a bit more research and agree this will head to over 10p fairly soon I think.

I got lucky and bought mine for 7.47p which isn't so bad. The moral of the story is be careful clicking those buttons! Got a bit excited there,

XD
inspirational is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote