Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:06 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Canadian Stock Picks » Watch: Bronco (BCF.TO)

Old 12-22-2009, 02:13 PM   Nav to Top  #21
Frank Drebin
Trader

Favorites: opc, bcf, ge
Frank Drebin has a spectacular aura aboutFrank Drebin has a spectacular aura about

I was able to get out of this money bleeder yesterday shortly after the open for .38, I do not see a bright future for this company
Frank Drebin is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:30 PM   Nav to Top  #22
Rudee
Trader

Favorites: BNK, AVM, CR
Rudee is a jewel in the roughRudee is a jewel in the roughRudee is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
I was able to get out of this money bleeder yesterday shortly after the open for .38, I do not see a bright future for this company
BCF has definitely been a stinker, that's for sure.
Rudee is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:43 PM   Nav to Top  #23
mobgma
Junior Trader

mobgma will become famous soon enoughmobgma will become famous soon enough

I left this silly stock about 2 months ago. Took my losses and ran.
mobgma is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:29 PM   Nav to Top  #24
trader999
Junior Trader

Favorites: bcf,aae,uuu
trader999 is on a distinguished road

Legacy Oil + Gas to acquire Bronco Energy in a share-swap agreement - Winnipeg Free Press

Could this be a good thing ? Any ideas when/if this stock will ever go up again?
trader999 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:09 AM   Nav to Top  #25
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Favorites: LVS, FAS/FAZ, POT
Miles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?
Send a message via AIM to Miles Send a message via Skype™ to Miles

I'm still holding this one...the future looks grim for Bronco but thanks for posting the article.
Please note that all information on securities I provide is merely my own opinion and any advice given is purely speculative and should not under any circumstances be considered investment advice. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, security or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal and financial situation.
Miles is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:20 PM   Nav to Top  #26
Frank Drebin
Trader

Favorites: opc, bcf, ge
Frank Drebin has a spectacular aura aboutFrank Drebin has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Miles View Post
I'm still holding this one...the future looks grim for Bronco but thanks for posting the article.
Miles I'm not sure if you or I misread the article but doesn't it basically state that Bronco will be bought out for approximately 20 cents a share?

Bronco Energy Ltd. (TSX:BCF) announced Tuesday it has agreed to a takeover of the company by Legacy Oil + Gas Inc. (TSX:LEG) in a share-swap agreement.

No value was put on the deal. However, a company news release said Bronco shareholders would receive 0.0182 of a Legacy common share for each Bronco share, or a total of 134,424 Legacy shares based on Bronco's float of just under 7.4 million shares.

Based on Legacy's closing price of $10.99 Tuesday on the Toronto Stock Exchange — down 27 cents — those shares would be worth some $1.48 million.
Legacy is currently trading @ $10.99.

$10.99 X .0182 = 20.00 cents per share
Frank Drebin is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:40 AM   Nav to Top  #27
trader999
Junior Trader

Hi guys, im a newbie and just found out Bronco has been delisted..
What does this mean to my shares? thanks
Old 11-10-2010, 04:27 PM   Nav to Top  #28
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Miles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond reputeMiles has a reputation beyond repute
Did I help?

Yeah sort of crappy news for Bronco speculators. They were bought by Legacy Oil & Gas (LEG.TO) in Sept: http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bus...102396849.html

For every share of BCF.TO you will get 0.0182 of a Legacy common share.

Announcement from Bronco: http://broncoenergy.ca/images/storie...egacyfinal.pdf
Please note that all information on securities I provide is merely my own opinion and any advice given is purely speculative and should not under any circumstances be considered investment advice. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, security or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal and financial situation.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:03 PM   Nav to Top  #29
trader999
Junior Trader

Ok so lets say i had 1000 shares of BCF.to at 1$...and right now LEG.to is at 12$, that means 0.0182 X 12 is 0.2184.

So now i own 1000 shares of LEG.to at 0.2184? And how do i trade this if in my account it still has BCF instead of LEG?

Thanks for your help!
Old 11-10-2010, 10:24 PM   Nav to Top  #30
Miles
Seeking Bottoms

Did I help?

Nope I believe how it will work is:

if you had 1000 shares of Bronco you will get 18.2 shares of Legacy --> 0.0182 x 1000 = 18.2 shares.

So now your hopes for Bronco rest with Legacy Oil & Gas. They just reported earnings: http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/159485