Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:45 AM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Canadian Stock Picks » Long: GAS.TO, HNU.TO Natural Gas

Old 08-17-2009, 02:53 PM   Nav to Top  #31
mrdbldub
Senior Trader

Favorites: tsx
mrdbldub has a spectacular aura aboutmrdbldub has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation hnu

You have more nerve than I do, in my opinion investing in hnu is akin to being caught between a rock and a hard place; you'll be banged up regardless. NRI seems to be an interesting play but I think I'll watch it a few more days before deciding one way or the other. The positions I'm in have held steady through this turmoil today, I'm glad I took positions that have value over flash. Good investing. mrdbldub
mrdbldub is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:47 PM   Nav to Top  #32
spot
Junior Trader

spot has a spectacular aura aboutspot has a spectacular aura aboutspot has a spectacular aura about
Default NRI

Well, NRI held up well in the sea or red. It even found some new support at 0.27.
spot is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:25 PM   Nav to Top  #33
jiggs
Trader

Favorites: AVM, ML, CLL
jiggs has a spectacular aura aboutjiggs has a spectacular aura aboutjiggs has a spectacular aura about

I'm going to consider NRI maybe a month before the next FDA deadline. And as soon as HNU breaks me even $4 I'm getting out and staying out for good. I missed a great opportunity to buy back into AVM or ML today because of this BS. It's too much of a gamble really. At least when I own a stock of a company I believe in I know even when it pulls back it will come back and make me money, I have no such confidence in HNU or NG.
jiggs is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:30 PM   Nav to Top  #34
spot
Junior Trader

spot has a spectacular aura aboutspot has a spectacular aura aboutspot has a spectacular aura about
Default NRI

Originally Posted by jiggs View Post
I'm going to consider NRI maybe a month before the next FDA deadline. And as soon as HNU breaks me even $4 I'm getting out and staying out for good. I missed a great opportunity to buy back into AVM or ML today because of this BS. It's too much of a gamble really. At least when I own a stock of a company I believe in I know even when it pulls back it will come back and make me money, I have no such confidence in HNU or NG.
Well, I am glad I bought NRI last week. I weathered the storm and made me above 10% already.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:29 AM   Nav to Top  #35
jiggs
Trader

Favorites: AVM, ML, CLL
jiggs has a spectacular aura aboutjiggs has a spectacular aura aboutjiggs has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by spot View Post
Well, I am glad I bought NRI last week. I weathered the storm and made me above 10% already.
Count me as one of the many steamrolled by HNU. Never again! Got out at 3.21 yesterday because this is going well into the 2s. Lesson learned the hard way.
jiggs is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:01 PM   Nav to Top  #36
barjebus
Junior Trader

barjebus is on a distinguished road

I'm stuck in at 4,000 shares. Entry points were 3.70$, 3.40$ and 3.02$.

Any advice on what to do? I've been holding on as I've often lost out due to being flightly with regards to losses. I bought HND to minimize risk and mitigated my losses on the way down so far but I'm definitely in the negative still right now. It feels like there's no end in sight due to todays announcement regarding larger natural gas holdings in the U.S., so I'm wondering whether I should get out and try to get back in at a lower price point?
barjebus is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:36 AM   Nav to Top  #37
spot
Junior Trader

Default CRXX

Well, NRI made me some good money this last few days. Sticking some of it into CRXX. This stock should do well over the next while.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:33 PM   Nav to Top  #38
trader999
Junior Trader

Favorites: bcf,aae,uuu
trader999 is on a distinguished road

Another bloody day...when will this thing spike to at least 3.50 so i can get out at a minimal loss?
trader999 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:14 PM   Nav to Top  #39
Rudee
Trader

Favorites: BNK, AVM, CR
Rudee is a jewel in the roughRudee is a jewel in the roughRudee is a jewel in the rough

Lot's of discouraged investors on various message boards who got into HNU or GAS and have been absolutely burned. Unfortunately, I'm one of them.
Rudee is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 08:36 PM   Nav to Top  #40
mrdbldub
Senior Trader

Favorites: tsx
mrdbldub has a spectacular aura aboutmrdbldub has a spectacular aura about

Long, HNU: I would never say that Nat. Gas will never recover; I will,however, say that as long as Exploration Co.'s keep finding new shale gas deposits and the huge LNG Terminal in New Brunswick brings in liquified nat. gas from places like Trinidad to supply the U.S. Northeast the price of nat. gas will stay around where it is for quite awhile. If you're waiting for $4.00 or $5.00 on HNU the only way it will occur is through a series of natural disasters and we don't need any more of those. mrdbldub
mrdbldub is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote