Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:01 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Canadian Stock Picks » Lithium Batteries _ Colbalt

Old 05-25-2009, 03:06 PM   Nav to Top  #1
bluestoo
VIP Trader

Favorites: CGFIA HWD CPRK
bluestoo is a splendid one to beholdbluestoo is a splendid one to beholdbluestoo is a splendid one to beholdbluestoo is a splendid one to beholdbluestoo is a splendid one to beholdbluestoo is a splendid one to beholdbluestoo is a splendid one to beholdbluestoo is a splendid one to behold
Default Lithium Batteries _ Colbalt

Formation Capital Corporation (FCO-T)
http://cxa.marketwatch.com/tsx/en/ma...l=fco&x=16&y=9

I have only offered a couple tips (on the LV board). I usually ride coat tail on trants. I brought HWD and CGFIA to the board and am an early investor in UW along with trants...... Obviously I am a miner kind of guy.. (high risk, great reward). I have been searching for a good company mining lithium anticipating the green machine batteries to come. Couldn't find any I want to buy right now. However, I did find out a key component of lithium batteries is COBALT. I also found out there is no source of cobalt being mined in the US (or North America). 100% of the cobalt being used in the US is being imported (except for recycled at about 15%) including the cobalt the military is using. The US is the world's largest consumer of cobalt and it is considered a strategic metal. Put 'military cobalt use' in google.....

I found a company who just got permits from all the environmental agencies to mine cobalt in Idaho (spent $9m on permits). Apparently they are setting on a bunch. They have started a subsidiary called "The Idaho Cobalt Project". The Parent company (Formation Capital Corp.) is a solid 4 year old company with some gold, silver, and uranium interests (which they own wholly), but their steady income has been from their precious metal refinery (in Idaho) although they do business out of Canada (dang). They refine their own metals, and custom refining for others.

They made their press release a couple weeks regarding the permits, and the pps peaked a little, and already dropped back and stabilized. It has been stable for a week or so fluctuating slightly. There has been decent daily volume (100k to 400k) so it is not going unnoticed. Not sure why the pps is not rising yet.... but am pretty sure it will soon. They need to raise another $130m to be completely funded, so I assume these are corporate shares being peddled. The pps was at around $.75 CAD a year ago without the cobalt mining. It has dropped down like all the rest of the mining stocks to around $.37 CAD. I would think it would return to $.75 CAD without the cobalt, but with it, it is going to be the only US mining company (although out of Canada). I would think the military would be inclined to buy from a US source, if not to save shipping, for the 'Buy American' catch. They got an investment for $8.5m to develop the mine, and are in the process as we speak.

Not sure the cap on this as there are no comps in the US...... but with all their other interests, I wouldn't be surprised at $1.25 or higher..... as the demand for lithium batteries increases... who knows.......

Great Website...
Formation Capital Corporation - Home Page - Mon May 25, 2009

Idaho Cobalt Project
Idaho Cobalt - Home Page - Mon May 25, 2009

Good Break Down by another website
Ferroalloys News - Formation Capital Corporation: Cobalt for the Future

Last edited by bluestoo; 05-25-2009 at 03:29 PM..
bluestoo is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:31 PM   Nav to Top  #2
SeanECE
Ghandi G

Favorites: BIPH CPRK GNTA
SeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond reputeSeanECE has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to SeanECE Send a message via Skype™ to SeanECE

Hehe, try Lithium Iron-Phosphate.....
Lithium-ion battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

More to come after I am done with my homework. I need to learn more about the Lithium Cobalt batteries.

DO a search for Zenn (ZNN) and check out the conversation about uber-green super-capacitors. If they can exist soon, it'll be revolutionary. I say not soon, but still a good read between 6tp and I.
EEstor via ZNN Zenn Motor Company Inc.(Public, CVE:ZNN)

Please note that all information on securities I provide is merely my own opinion and any advice given is purely speculative and should not under any circumstances be considered investment advice. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, security or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal and financial situation.
SeanECE is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:01 PM   Nav to Top  #3
EhYou
Junior Trader

Favorites: AEI, FCO, HSE
EhYou is on a distinguished road
Default Formation financing

Now known as Formation Metals, FCO will soon announce completion of their Idaho Cobalt Project financing. Scheduled for production in 2nd half of 2012, this will be the only Cobalt producer in the United States.

Currently trading in the .63 range, you could easily triple within the next 3 to 6 months. Don't bet the mortgage on it, but could add to your return significantly.

Proven resource estimates are presumed to be low by many. Target $2.00

http://www.formationmetals.com/s/Home.asp

PS have an operating Hydrametallurgical facility generating a small amount of income which is being retro-fitted to process the cobalt ore.
EhYou is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 04:51 AM   Nav to Top  #4
scarlettsmith694
Trader

Favorites: ASX:AWC, ASX:APA, ASX:NAN
scarlettsmith694 is on a distinguished road

According to ASX stock market news and research the investors misunderstand some points before investing in lithium stocks being under valued.
scarlettsmith694 is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote

Tags
FCO-T