Tax Season is Here! Save 15% on H&R Block Online
iconAll times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:21 PM. | Search:

» StockRants Stock Forum » Public Stock Forums » Australian / Asian Stock Picks » Long: Healthcare / Bio. Still good value?

Old 04-06-2015, 08:16 AM   Nav to Top  #1
Did Someone Say Beta?
Junior Trader

Favorites: CDY.AX, BKL,.AX, PNA.AX
Did Someone Say Beta? is on a distinguished road
Default Healthcare / Bio. Still good value?

Switching focus Macro to Micro, there's some serious Beta on the table in smaller markets.

Local Healthcare & Bio sectors have been on a tear for some time however value in local Bio is diminishing - now trading around 46 x projected earnings.

When the value in Health/Bio sector diminished on the local front, the Australian market (ASX) has had a history of being a late comer to the party.

While the Ozzie Bio sector has a history of producing undiluted winners as a result of early phase Australian government funding for reasons only known to the government the support vaporizes around GTM often resulting in cheap prices & some phenomenal upside as a US/UK sector laggard.

For those risk-off, Blackmores (BKL.AX) presents a bluechip investment with partly recognized value. For me Cellmid (CDY.AX) presents the most credible & legitimized science and as a result, the lower risk play.

Everything above is my own opinion & represents outcomes of my own analysis.
I welcome the inputs of others on the Oz Bio Sector.
Did Someone Say Beta? is offline   Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote