PDA

View Full Version : New Members: Reputation Bonuses

Miles
05-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Bonuses for StockRants Grand Opening

First get intimate with our reputation system (http://www.stockrants.com/forum/stock-picks/announcement-private-forums-vip-traders.html). We figured this was a good way to keep this board clean of pumpers, touts, spammers, slanderous buffoons, and other trolls.

Although we will not be officially launching until May 8th it looks like people are finding us through Google and other sources, which is great. We want to give some bonuses to those who got here early and helped us refine the forum so:

Any new members who make an account AND post a welcome thread in the Introductions forum (http://www.stockrants.com/forum/introductions/) here will be granted 200 Reputation points up until Sunday, May 10th at midnight EST.

This is done by hand so please be patient and we will add your points as we see posts coming in. Please do not ask us for Reputation bonuses after May 10th - after this point they must be earned.

Cedar136
05-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the points I have received so far.

I am here to earn, learn and return! LOL :-)

DanB
05-07-2009, 10:23 AM
hey Miles,

Not sure I received the 200 points when I joined up? I have 299 today but think only 20 applied when I joined :-o

Miles
05-07-2009, 11:32 AM
And that puts you at 500 Dan...There ya go :-)

cici
05-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Hello everyone! I have been trading for a few years, but have changed methodologies a few times to find one I like. I am currently doing swing trading and having the most success with this method. I am a Software Engineer living in Virginia and I am glad to see another place to create a trading community!

Ci-Ci

imeanbusiness
05-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Hi everyone. I haven't invested in the stock market in a few years... Now I'm looking forward to making some money and to help you make some. Let's share our opinions about what we think is a hot stock to invest on!
Best regards to you all!
-JC

colorwonder
05-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Hi there,
I am having trouble navigating around this forum. I wanted to post a new thread about CPRK because there is good news out there for people if they want to get in or FYI incase they don't know. I can't see a new thread button to tag. Also, where I do see a new thread option, it tells me I don't have access to be allowed to post. Very confusing... ANYWAY
ALso, how do I send a message to someone on my contact list? is there a place where these basic answers can be researched so I don't have to bother people with them?
Lost and confused,
CW

Miles
05-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Hi there,
I am having trouble navigating around this forum. I wanted to post a new thread about CPRK because there is good news out there for people if they want to get in or FYI incase they don't know. I can't see a new thread button to tag. Also, where I do see a new thread option, it tells me I don't have access to be allowed to post. Very confusing... ANYWAY
ALso, how do I send a message to someone on my contact list? is there a place where these basic answers can be researched so I don't have to bother people with them?
Lost and confused,
CW

Check out this for help posting: http://www.stockrants.com/forum/stock-picks/71-instructions-posting-stock-picks.html. There is a link to this on the front page of the forum - How to Post a Stock Tip.

For Private Messages you can either click on a users name in their post (try my name to the left) or go in your UserCP > Send Private Message

jamesson
05-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Hello everyone,

I have only been trading for a couple months. Figured it couldn't be that hard right?
Well I let emotion take over and lost some money. Now I am studying Technical analysis. So hopefully I will be able to provide beneficial input on charting and analysis.

Cheers everyone!
J

asbo
05-08-2009, 01:19 PM
Hi all,

I've lurked the Google forums for a while and that's how I got a line on this place. Not a major trader by any means, just a college student looking to learning good TA from other accomplished traders.

6tp
05-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Hello,

Feel we will see some pull back from this rally. Looking at SRS for end of day. Long, a good arbitrage opportunity between CBM (LSE) and WTN (TSX) has a spread of 40%+. Hope deal completes within a month or two.

stocksearcher
05-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Hi, can anyone tell me how long it'll take for the reputation points to show up in my account? thanks!

spacepenguin
05-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Hey!

I am pretty new to the stock market. I wanted to learn something different and make my money work for me... and (maybe) pay off some student loans in the future. I have been day trading since late March and have been moderately successful. The summer is coming up and I bought two books to help me understand the markets better:

"The Neatest Little Guide to Stock Market Investing"

"Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets: A Comprehensive Guide to Trading Methods and Applications (New York Institute of Finance)"

I hope it pays off. I am young and I see a long, bright future ahead :)

chuckd
05-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Welcome to all above, the points are on the way, lots of new members today.

schwi105
05-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Hey,

I am a fairly new trader who has unfortunately learned through trial and error, but have made a fair amount of money which is the ultimate goal. I am becoming more adept at technical analysis but would love to learn more. I recently attended a BetterTrades workshop where they teach you several options strategies. They have some good strategies, but the workshop is rather expensive. I am starting to regret wasting the money, but who knows, it may pay off in the future. Are we ready to make some money! I know I am.

Darin

leiuns
05-09-2009, 01:12 AM
Hi everyone, I'm also a newbie to the stock market and just started to trade a month ago. Hope to make friends here and learn how to trade better.[bull]

gmc1876
05-09-2009, 07:59 AM
All,

Portfolio consists mainly of AIM Oil and Minerals companies. Tough time over the last year, but improving now. Good buying opportunities at the moment.

samnorris
05-09-2009, 08:11 AM
Hi miles, Just want to make sure my newbie points don't get lost in the post. Appreciate you guys have had an influx over the last couple of days. I've posted another intro.

gmc - I'm playing in the same market as you so hopefully we can share some ideas.

porterdog
05-09-2009, 09:39 AM
Greetings! New guy, first twigged to this after seeing a couple of VicVV's posts on XL. Vic, if ever we should meet in person, I owe you a nice dinner- thanks! Looking forward to more of the same, and mebbe I can offer up some things as well.

robert
05-10-2009, 11:36 PM
Hello. I'm very new to stock trading. I've been dabbling for the last couple of months. I am looking for as many tools and resources to learn the ins and outs of the market. I look forward to being involved with this community!

Skywonker
05-11-2009, 03:13 AM
Couldn't remember if i already posted in this section...so just to be sure - Hello Again :-P

prezzy
05-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Hi Miles, Hoping to jump in on the 200 free points, I'm sure I posted early enough. - If not hi everybody :-P

toulianov
05-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Hope I'm not late 0:)

Miles
05-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Sorry no more points will be given as the early bird stuff has ended - you'll have to earn it now.