Thread: Watch $C - Citigroup Inc.
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 02:20 PM   Nav to Top 
Saintjames
UberTrader

Favorites: TSE:COS | TSE:CPG | TSE:LRE
Saintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud ofSaintjames has much to be proud of
Did I help?
Question $C - Citigroup Inc.

Well this forum needs a thread for C so here it is. I have labeled this a WATCH because I think C is heading for a slight retrace this month, and I don't currently own any shares.

Current price $5.00. Anywhere below this is a screaming BUY according to many people I ask. Think BAC or AIG but not as juicy. Most analysts have a 12 month target of $8, but I think that is a very conservative estimate. $15-20 is certainly possible, but it hinges on many factors, not the least of which is paying back the TARP money.

Now keep in mind that C has very bad books and the outlook on banks through Sept expects to be bleak as they have already rose 100% in many cases. Also worth mentioning is that C is 36% owned by the federal govt. Seems fairly safe long term you would imagine if even the feds are waiting on the share price to rise?

I found this seekingalpha article interesting on Citi's curious 'Special Asset Pool': Citi's 'Special Asset Pool' Is Actually Toxic -- Seeking Alpha

...So what do SR readers think about C? or
Saintjames is offline   1 thumbs up / 0 thumbs down. Rate this post Yes | No Reply With Quote