Time New York: Tue 11 Dec 22:13 pm  |  Save 15% on H&R Block Online

  
caticonslite_bm_alt

BP to Develop Alligin and Vorlich Fields in the North Sea

Zacks

BP plc BP announced the development of two new North Sea developments — Alligin and Vorlich — scheduled to be commissioned in 2020.

During peak production, the fields are expected to yield 30,000 barrels gross of oil equivalent a day. Alligin and Vorlich are satellite fields located close to existing infrastructure, which will accelerate the pace of development of these fields with the help of established offshore hubs.

Alligin, a two-well development located west of Shetland, is planned to be tied back to BP’s Glen Lyon floating, production, storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel.

Vorlich is another two-well development in the central North Sea that will be tied back to the Ithaca Energy-operated FPF-1 floating production facility, which lies at the centre of Ithaca’s Greater Stella Area production hub.

A major contract relating to the Alligin development has been awarded to Subsea 7. The scope of the contract includes project management, engineering, procurement and construction services for the subsea pipelines. Subsea 7 will carry out contract related work from its Aberdeen base. Offshore activities are projected to commence in 2019.

Environmental Statement for the Vorlich development has been submitted to the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS). BP is currently deciding on its contracting strategy for the development.

BP, as the operator of Alligin, has a stake of 50%. The remaining 50% is held by Royal Dutch Shell plc RDS.A. The field is estimated to hold recoverable oil of 20 million barrels. It is located about 140 kilometers west of Shetland in the Greater Schiehallion Area.

BP, as the operator of Vorlich, has an interest of 66%. The rest of 34% is held by Ithaca Energy. The field is estimated to hold 30 million barrels of oil equivalent. It is located about 241 kilometers east of Aberdeen.

BP is working on simplifying and speeding up the delivery process to improve project cycle time, lower costs and, in particular, include new yield to its North Sea portfolio. The company has been making huge investments in North Sea which has helped in delivering the Quad 204 project in 2017, while the Clair Ridge project is expected to commence operations later in 2018.

Price Performance

BP’s shares have lost 1.1% in the last three months, compared with the industry’s 6.6% decline.



Zacks Rank & Key Picks

BP carries a Zacks Rank #3 (Hold).

A few better-ranked players in the same sector are Northern Oil and Gas Inc NOG and SunCoke Energy Inc SXC. Both the stocks sport a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy). You can see the complete list of today’s Zacks #1 Rank stocks here.

Northern Oil and Gas, based in Minnetonka, MN, is an independent energy company. The company delivered an average positive earnings surprise of 175% during the same time frame.

SunCoke Energy produces metallurgical coke in the United States. The company delivered an average positive earnings surprise of 130.6% in the last four quarters.

5 Medical Stocks to Buy Now

Zacks names 5 companies poised to ride a medical breakthrough that is targeting cures for leukemia, AIDS, muscular dystrophy, hemophilia, and other conditions.

New products in this field are already generating substantial revenue and even more wondrous treatments are in the pipeline. Early investors could realize exceptional profits.

Click here to see the 5 stocks >>


Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report

To read this article on Zacks.com click here.

Zacks Investment Research
<-- You can share this post with your network,
or give us your opinion and leave a comment.
Be sure to check our RSS feeds for updates.