Time New York: Tue 20 Feb 08:11 am  |  Save 15% on H&R Block Online

  
caticonslite_bm_alt

T. Rowe Price (TROW) Records 5.7% Increase in January AUM

Zacks

T. Rowe Price Group TROW announced preliminary assets under management (AUM) of $1.05 trillion for January 2018. Results reflect 5.7% rise from $991 billion as of Dec 31, 2017.

Client transfers from mutual funds to other portfolios of $3.7 billion were recorded in January 2018.

Month-end total sponsored U.S. mutual funds came in at $637 billion, up nearly 5% from the prior month. Of the total sponsored U.S. mutual funds, around 80% were from stock and blended assets while the remaining 20% came from bond and money market.

Total other investment portfolios were $410 billion, reflecting an increase of 6.5% from the previous month. Overall, stock and blended assets accounted for $315 billion or 76.8% of other investment portfolios while bond, money market and stable value came in at $95 billion or 23.2%.


T. Rowe Price recorded $244 billion in target date retirement portfolios, which was up 5.2% from $232 billion in the prior month.

Our Viewpoint

T. Rowe Price’s organic growth remains impressive as can be seen from a continuous rise in revenues. Also, its planned strategic initiatives, including investment in technology and advisory services, bode well for the long term.

Shares of T. Rowe Price have gained 25.2% in the past six months, outperforming 7.7% rally of the industry it belongs to.

T. Rowe carries a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy). You can see the complete list of today’s Zacks #1 Rank (Strong Buy) stocks here.

Performance of Other Investment Managers

Franklin Resources BEN declared preliminary AUM of $770.8 billion by its subsidiaries for January 2018, reflecting an increase of 2.3% from the prior month.

Invesco Ltd. IVZ announced an increase in its preliminary month-end AUM for January 2018. The company’s AUM came in at $972.6 billion, a rise of 3.7% from $937.6 billion in the prior month.

Legg Mason's LM preliminary AUM of $779.6 billion for January 2018 increased 1.6% sequentially.

The Hottest Tech Mega-Trend of All

Last year, it generated $8 billion in global revenues. By 2020, it's predicted to blast through the roof to $47 billion. Famed investor Mark Cuban says it will produce "the world's first trillionaires," but that should still leave plenty of money for regular investors who make the right trades early.

See Zacks' 3 Best Stocks to Play This Trend >>


Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report

To read this article on Zacks.com click here.

Zacks Investment Research
<-- You can share this post with your network,
or give us your opinion and leave a comment.
Be sure to check our RSS feeds for updates.

Automatically Feed Your Blog